? about inducing

my doc told me yesterday that they will not induce anyone unless they are 39 weeks, law or something like that, wondering if anyone else got told the same thing..... (doc won't induce me cause all the tests came back neg for preeclampcia, but i still have terrible symptoms of it and i am measuring at 43 cm) with my 1st they took him at 36 weeks, i am 38 weeks now but still!!!

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 1:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hey Anon, have a bit more respect for this woman, its just a question so you dont need to be a hard ass on her...

Calm your hormones and try to at least put yourself in her situation alright..so YOU suck it up..

and to answer this question, I PLAN ON BEING INDUCED..only because my pregnancy has had some complications and basically im going through what your going through and i talked to my OB and she said that more than likely ill have to be induced anyway
    Anonymous

• I induced. I wasn't over or anything. Just wanted to make sure that my mom was there and that my doctor would be one to deliver my son. I don't think its law but your insurance may not cover it... That might be the problem, OR the doctor just doesnt do it if s/he doesnt have to.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Why would you want to be induced? They baby is ready when they choose to be. Just let it happen. Pregnancy is not easy, think about your baby and just suck it up a bit longer. If your doc truly believes you need it done then he/she will.

Anonymous

• My doctor told me the EARLIEST they could take my DD was 10 days early. So, I don't think she'd lie. 'Cause I was having SERIOUS blood pressure issues. I mean, I think they would if it were a life or death thing, but when it's something that's monitored easily they won't. And the only way they would take any earlier is emergency C-section. So when it comes to enducing, I think that's accurate. I don't know, I may be WAY off here, but good luck momma!!!

~Melody~
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I measured large with my son as well, he still was only 6lbs 4oz! Poor little guy
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't know about a law but my doctors office policy is if you are 41 weeks unless it is necessary b/c of medical reasons
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think there's any law about inducing before a certain time. I was induced at 38 weeks because I had gestational hypertension. The doc said it was starting to affect my kidneys but it wasn't quite preecpampsia yet. My blood pressure was pretty high and they said that wasn't healthy for the baby or me because of the risk for seizure. They didn't want to have to give me magnesium either, makes you lethargic and tired and does the same for your baby. They can advise to induce you whenever, whatever is best for your baby! Hang in there!
    K_Coleman

Answer by K_Coleman at 1:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think it is a law, really what your doctor prefers to do. It also depends on your situation and whether or not it warrants an induction. Three out of my five labors were induced but it was because I was already dilated to 5 cm.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think it all depends on the doctor, their policies, and preferences. As long as the baby is healthy though they tend to like to keep them in there as long as possible. I measured small but my daughter was a 9 pounder!they induced ne at 41 weeks because she was not looking like she was coming out. 31 hours of labor too! Ugh. This time around I'm staying as far away from being induced as possible
    ColorMeCurvy

Answer by ColorMeCurvy at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would say its up to your dr. I was induced at 38wks 6days, because i had Gestational Diabetes,But i never heard of there being law, and sometimes it does take a lil motivatin to get baby going.So I see nothing wrong with this!
    Anonymous