Okay....so what do you think of someone who works fast food?

I have always wondered what people thought of someone that works fast food...taco bell, mcdonalds, burger king...whatever it may be? I work at Burger king and have off and on since i got out of high school. What are your thoughts when you are sitting there waiting for your food, looking at the people working? Honest answers here!!! No bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• It isn't the job that the person that is doing that gets me thinking, it's their attitude. If they are doing their job responsibly, and taking it seriously, then great. If they are treating their job as if it's beneath them and treating customers and staff rudely, then I don't think much at all about them.

Fast food is a great starting place. It can be a great career if you aspire to move up, own a franchise, whatever. Many people get their first supervisory training in fast food....I did back while going to college.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think people treat us like crap and think they are better then us. Just saying what I feel. I get treated like crap and I'm miss shits sunshine at work. Very nice and all smiles. Never rude. I work at a family owned burger joint and I don't care for it, I don't have to work there but it pays weekly and it gives us a little extra for stuff,or an emergency.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• How can I be honest if you don't want me to bash? I personally think that older adults working in fast food could be doing something much better for themselves. Now there are the exceptions to the rule, but in most cases someone who flops in and out of fast food is unable to keep a job. I don't judge teens that work there, even college students I can look over...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Like I said in the other post. You are working, you have a job, you are supporting yourself and making money.. You still have to put up with other people's crap.. As long as you are working, who cares what you do.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Somebody aked this about a family dollar store. Check in popular questions. This is what I told her...

A jobs a job, but you will have haters. My Boyfriend and I had to work at McDonalds. At the time he was also an EMT and going through a police acadamy. People respected him at his other jobs, but at McD's people would say condesending things like "23 and a manager at McD's? Wow aren't you going somewhere with your life" He brushed it off because he needed a job at the time. Point is if you need the job then take it, just be prepared for the people that think they are better than you. Good luck!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• While sitting and waiting for my food, I don't think about you unless you are rude. I usually think about problems or whatever comes to my mind about life :)
    erlsk

Answer by erlsk at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think negatively about the workers at places like that. I am happy that they have jobs during times like these when unemployment rates are skyrocketing. Working in fast food is just a stepping stone to most unless they to be in the management part of the business. I worked in fast food for nearly two years myself.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 1:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I used to be a manager at Arby's. For the most part, people were very nice and courteous towards me and my coworkers. But every now and then a holier-than-thou ASSHOLE would treat us like crap just because of where we worked.

I was eighteen and fresh out of high school. Don't judge me, ack.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• DAKOTA you have been answering rather rudely!! Read my answer above sometimes people are doing things better but this economy sucks!!! Some people are well trained for jobs and are still unable to keep or get them now!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't think anything of them. Most are high school kids, elderly just wanting out of the house or moms just wanting to get out of the house. I know they are labeled stupid and uneducated but that isn't true for most of the workers there. People fail to realize how much work really is involved with fast food. Until they actually work there they shouldn't be so quick to judge. They do make mistakes but that's just what they are, mistakes. What other job is out there that no one makes mistakes? I am a sahm mom and I took a part time job at McDonald's to get out of the house and it was some good extra spending money for my kids.

I would wonder sometimes about the people coming in or coming through drive thu and how dumb they were when they would ask a question like "Is it lunch or breakfast?" I would say it's lunch. "So that means no breakfast?" Well fkn duh?!

Anonymous