How much baby food can i feed my baby when she turns 6 months?

My doctor said to give her cereal in the morning...then lunch time give her the veggie...and cereal at night. and introduce a new veggie every week. until you get to the fruit..and the first few veggies need to be orange and yellow.
anyways, aside from that I want to know how much of it I feed her for the first time and when she starts to eat it well.. being 6 months..how much? a whole jar? and then its done? i dunno, please help me on this so im prepared and i dont over feed her or give her too little. thank you! =)

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I feed my daughter what ever she will eat, when shes full its real apparent..she turns her head away and spits it out. i give her 4-6oz bottles a day, cereal with fruit for breakfast, finger foods as snacks through the day and at dinner she eats a whole stage 2 jar. your little munchkin will let you know shes done.
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• When starting out, offer a few spoonfuls once a day or once every few days. Then follow her cues.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• my boy is now 7 mths and started eating at 6mths. but i started out with the carrots. a spoonfull every once and a while, then i moved to half a jar and once i found out he wasnt allergic i started adding green beans then sweet peas. now hes like a pro eater. he eats two 4oz jars three times a day. so now we mix oatmeal cereal with half a jar of his food mixed with breastmilk. we keep feeding him until he just stops eating. now i have the problem with him crying when i dont feed him fast enough lol
    anothergage

Answer by anothergage at 5:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009