Too soon to get pregnant again?

I have a 5 month old baby girl. Me and my husband are thinking about trying again now. We would like for our kids to be close in age. Do you think it's too soon to get pregnant again? Also, anyone out there with kids close in age like under 2 years apart or less? Let me know your likes and dislikes about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For me it would be way to soon but i know plenty of people who do it. My friends children are 11 months apart its really hard on her because they are both sill babies and still in diapers. My cousins are 18 months a part and it worked well for my aunt i guess. My SIL children are all 18months apart she has 5 of them. Id say its all up to you and your husband. Only you two can decide if now is a good time or not.
    Anonymous

• I would give your body at least a little while longer to recover. You may be able to handle the physical demands of caring for two, but right now your body is still getting back to normal. Your hormones are returning to their normal state, your mind, your uterus . . . I would wait until at least 9 months. I figure 9 months in, 9 months out, then you can try again. If you are still nursing, I would wait until at least 1 year.

The best way to really find out, is to ask your midwife or OB!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It would be too soon for me, but if you are happy, and feel ready, then go for it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• To early for ME yes! But I have some friends with babys the same age as mine (6 months) that are pregnant with #2. (one pregnant 3 months pp and the other 5) They want their children very close in age.... kind of like having twins. A very close bond of siblings. I can see some advantages of it... getting all the "baby" stuff done with at about the same time.. But it has to be so hard! Not just having 2, but caring for a baby and being pregnant when you are already tired.
    We plan on trying after ours turns 1.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Technically it's not too soon. I've heard of women finding out they're 6 wks pregnant and their 6wk postpartum check-up. But for your body, yeah it might be too soon. But hey, if you feel up to it and that's what you and your SO are wanting, then go for it! Only you and your SO can decide what's right for you both.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My baby boy is 5 1/2 month old and I just took a pregnancy test that came out postive. My boyfriend and I don't think we're ready for another baby so soon, since just having this one is a handful, I think we both would have chosen to wait but hey everything happens for a reason so hopefully everything turn out well for our family.

I would have liked to be able to dedicated individual time to my little boy for a few years before conceiving again. Now I think that it'll be more difficult to do so I guess I'm just going to have to try that much harder!
    Anonymous

• I would reccomend you to wait from my own experience. I have four boys 5, 4, 2, and ten months. We wanted ours to be close together. But our last two are way two close. Our baby was a wonderful surprise though. They are both just babies and want to be cuddled and held like babies are supposed to. It is very time consuming and hard to keep up with two babies. Our first two are 23 months apart (perfect), our 2nd and 3rd are 22 months apart, and 3rd and 4th are 15 months apart. I would reccomend enjoying number one for a while first.
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 3:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i thank it would be great then your first child will know how to share to not to bite pinch or hit or kick
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It takes at least a YEAR for your bones to recover from pregnancy. The physical act of carrying a child takes minerals out of your bones. It also takes about that long for your uterus to completely recover. I would wait until your baby is AT LEAST a year old to avoid problems in the future (like osteoporosis or placenta accretia). Give your body a break and enjoy your baby.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2009