I don't have any dental insurance anymore. I have a horrible cavity. Does anyone know how much it will cost to get it filled (I am hoping that's all I need done to the tooth)?

I had dental insurance with my job but as soon as my insurance kicked in, I was laid off :(

JessicaB86

Asked by JessicaB86 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• Check with your local dentistry schools. Only very good students are allowed to touch your mouth and they are supervised by very experienced dentists. Cheap and good work. There may be a waiting list. Good luck! Had mine pulled for $50 total - no complications, minimal pain. Meds will be prescribed for you.
    Anonymous

• It cost my hubby just over 200 dollars to get his cavity filled with no insurance.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Last time I went with a "cavity". It cost 90 to see the dentist. 65 for xrays. Then she told me it needed more than filled. I decided to have it pulled. Cheaper. So oral surgeon cost me 500 for the two teeth that ended up involved. That was a year ago.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 2:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You should call around. My brother doesn't have insurance and he found a guy that did it all for $100. He was a non-insurance dentist so he's affordable. Good Luck
    perrylilac

Answer by perrylilac at 3:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I'm in the same boat as you are and it is around 500-600 dollars!
    JaeleensMommy

Answer by JaeleensMommy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Thank you all for your help. I am going to check out the nearest school that takes patients for the dental program. I hope I can get this achy tooth fixed soon. It's so painful!
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009