Is 120 bad for 5'3 inches?

I have days when I feel really bad about myself, but have checked that I'm within a normal weight limits. Why does 120 sound heavy for my 5'3 body??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• oh sweetie! ITS NOT! I'm 5'4 at 220lbs now! Mind you I carry it well, have the large boob thing on my side (I can't believe I just said something positive about them as much as I dislike them) LOL Anyways, I was 135lbs before I got pregnant with my 1st, I got all the way up to 220 then... only got back down to 170 after each pregnancy before getting pregnant again. I'm due in August with baby number 4... you are doing FINE! :)

Carey
    MamaCareysZoo

Answer by MamaCareysZoo at 7:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• You're fine. Remember, you're fat is someone else's skinny. Everyday women all over this country opt for bariatric surgery in the hopes that they can oneday weigh 150. So no, you're not fat.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:50 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I wish i was that . That is def normal .
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 12:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• NO! I'm 5'2'' and 120. That's considered in normal range, the range for my height is 115-130.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Honey, you have nothing to worry about. When you get up to the point that you feel like your bouncing two basketballs for buttcheeks then post a fat question LOL :-)

MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It depends... I am 5'8" and weigh 125 and when I was in my twenties it was tight and I had a rocken hard body. Now that I have four children and still weigh the same my weight as redistributed it self and its fat. When I ran marathons and weighed 140 I was skinny. Muscle weighs more than fat I was a 1 or 0. I want to get down to 117 but it gets harder as you get older. Although, I had an eating disorder when I was younger I feel anything above 120 for me is fat. You need to be comfortable in your own skin. Only you can look in the mirror or talk to your mom. I always do and she says I am skinny...
    Anonymous

• I was 120,before I got pregnant the first time.Id now estimate my weight at 145(Im 9 months preg so kinda hard to guess) but I think 120 is normal,not obese..and one day Ill see 120 again.P.S Im 5 ft 3 1/2 inches (that half an inch counts!)
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 8:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I WISH I could be that small! You are totally fine. If its your body shape you are worried about, like fat around the belly or a larger butt, then you can do certain exercises to help that. Weight is such a silly thing to worry about...although I worry about it ALL the time! Its hard as women to not be concerned about our weight and compare ourselves to others. My advice, get Wii Fit - its AWESOME! Fun, interactive, and encouraging. Feel free to chat with me in private messages to talk more, I would love a support in this as well :-)
    all4Jordan

Answer by all4Jordan at 10:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I am 5' 2'' and 127 right now and am trying to get back down to 115-120. So I think that you are perfectly fine. The weight prob just looks differnt on you. I know that I have been this weight before but it looked ALOT better, lol. It is just not as tight as it used to be.
    Carrie06

Answer by Carrie06 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• i am the same height and weight as you! you are fine!!!
    krouzer

Answer by krouzer at 11:51 AM on Jul. 21, 2008