custody battle

iam am going through a custody battle with my x husband he beat me for 8 years i went to rehab he lied told the juge that i dissapeared he got temporary custody i have 2 years clean i had to call cps last week my son had brusies on his head my kids want to live with me their dad is on drugs iam stable and my kids have seen that for 2 years the judge made me take back home even though he was scared it brok my heart but they were gonna put me in jail if i didnt return i got trial next week were i filed a petetion for my kids he has a pd i dont have a lawyer i need all of your prayers i feel all alone all i do is cry they called me crying yesterday wanting to come he dont realize he is hurting our kiids i love my kids so so much my heart is broke i have no one to talk to or noone that understand i call their house they want let me talk to them pleases pray for me if you can give me any advice please talk to me , lost mother.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry... do you have any sort of legal aide in your area? they help with legal issues and ususally it's free... in some cases they will even represent you in court...
    Just document everything.. the time the children call you... the time they come over for a visit... take pics of marks on them and make sure that your camera has the time stamped on the photo...
    have you tried talking to your ex-husband... just asking him for the children? my ex-husband abused me for 5 yrs... I took my dd's and walked away on a very cold Jan. night 23 yrs ago... no it wasn't easy and it was very scary in the begining, but it slowly started working out...
    If you would like to talk you are welcome to PM me any time...
    I will keep you and your children in my thoughts...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i will keep you and your children in my thoughts and prayers
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• how old are the children? the judge willsometimes take their feelings into consideration if they're old enough (8-12 i think) and if they're teens (at least 12-14, or older) they can tell the judge that they want to live with you and the judge will do that
    good luck momma, you'll be in my heart and prayers
    i'm sorry i don't have any better advise for you
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 4:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009