What is your favorite story from the Bible and why?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 2:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love the story of Job, it talks about ones strength and love for God, and no matter what negative things may happen, you should always love God.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The story of Ruth. I think she was a strong woman and had great faith in God. Our pastor is doing a mini-series sermon on her and each week I have found something about her that I needed or wanted to use in my life.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The story of Abraham. It is the first study God used for guidance in situations in my own life.
    I love Ruth as well, JeremysMom. Such a beautiful story ( literally and allegorically) of redemption.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i love the whole thing! it's a great fantasy story, like Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter. ;)
    Anonymous

• Esther. nothing like a strong courageous woman taking down the evils of a man to make me smile haha. but in seriousness i like how it shows that anyone can make a difference, no matter their religion, gender, etc. and its another story that shows God using the least likely person to get his work done (even tho it never mentions God in the whole book).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Jeremysmom, I too like the story of Ruth. I just started a Bible study of the book of Ruth. I am really enjoying it so far.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 3:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• When I was growing up and into my young adulthood it was the story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednigo(spelling is probably off).

Dont know why I just loved it from the time I was a child.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Job. It shows how the Devil was able to tempt God by punishing Job. That cunning Devil.
    Anonymous

• OH there are too many to pick, but I honeslty would have to say Christ's death and resurrection as that is the whole basis for my salvation.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 3:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The birth of Jesus.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009