tummy time troubles:(

My 5 month old will not lay on his tummy, if i put him on til he either rolls over or just screams iv tried everything, and he cant extend his elbowws.. help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Practice, practice, practice! That's really all I can say. The more he is on his tummy, the more he'll get used to it. One reason though that I can think of that may be causing him discomfort, if that's what it is...is gas. If he has gas in his tummy, it may be uncomfortable for him to lay on it. Try doing his legs in a bicycle motion to help eliminate the gas...or gas drops.
    Anonymous

• Did you just feed him? If he is full, the extra pressure on his belly might be causing him discomfort as well. Maybe wait at least an hour or so after he eats to try tummy time.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My baby Never layed on his tummy. He would scream. He wouldn't roll over either. I don't think he would even do it now. And he almost 10 months. He learned to crawl after he started sitting up. Just keep trying to build the muscle but do not worry.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If you can't get him on his tummy on the floor...put him on his tummy on your chest. He'll get to look at your smiling face and he'll still get to strengthen the same muscles. Try him again on the floor in a few days. *Mine hated being on her tummy but once she learned to roll both ways..she was much happier about it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2009