Do any other moms want to have more children right after having one? I want another one and I think sub-consciously I'm trying again.

Well after having Gabriel, I said that I didn't want anymore. A month later I decide that I want four and I guess are trying for it. I asked my husband but he doesn't really want another but I've been trying to conceive without telling anyone. am I the only person doing this?

baby-robbins

Asked by baby-robbins at 7:30 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, I am pregnant with #1 but I was just reading a question where someone asked if it was normal for them to want another kid 3 months after their baby was born there were about 49 answers and they were all "yes! it's normal" so I would say that it is pretty normal for you to feel that way :)
    CherBear04

Answer by CherBear04 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Well after I had baby #1 I got pregnant 6 mo later ( not on purpose) but I did want another one so I wasn’t to upset over it well not upset but concerned how I was going to handle a baby while pregnant and having two kids under the age of 2. My Dh was a little upset though he just wanted one kid but I kept saying no we are having two…..I guess I won that one lol. But it is normal to want another one so soon.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It's completely normal to want another baby, whether now or later but getting pregnant on purpose behind your husbands back (that doesn't sound right lol...but you know what I mean) is a mistake. You have to think about your marriage and the child that you have now.
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I wanted another so badly after my daughter was born that I seriously looked into adoption, took like 5 tests because I was that I was. So yes...completly normal. My advice though...tough it out and wait. Technically the ideal time between pregnancies is two years because your body needs that much time to recover and build back up the supplies it needs to be pregnant. Plus, your little one is so sweet and easy now...wait till she hits a year! lol. Good luck, and don't miss out on your baby growing up because you want another so badly, just enjoy the one you have for now :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 21, 2008