Just a question to hear peoples opinions....

Do you feel sometimes women get too wrapped up about their men watching porn? They take it to an extreme, when really its all based out of their insecurities?.....[unless you SO is like addicted to sex or something....than thats a diff. story].....

My opinion is yes; I feel like some women spend to much time trying to control their SO. Giving them ultimatums and very quick to end a relationship over something so small. I mean relationships to me are at times hard work but what in life isn't? I just feel like sometimes women go over board about porn and their men and just take it to another level that is not necessary. Let go.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• i think its cheating, why would he want to look at anothet naked woman when im always home and he can see me?
    Anonymous

• See i dont see it like that... i just dont understand how it is BY ANY MEANS cheating ... maybe some are just more insecure than others i guess. ; but than again my opinion is diff. than yours and i respect your opinion.
    Anonymous

• I think porn eventually leads to a problem...I know two people who are porn addicts, don't care about their wives, likes masturbating to porn more etc..Basically screw up their relationship for porn.
    This is just MY opinion on it before someone has to try and fight with me.
    I base it more on that than my insecurities.
    Anonymous

• well like i said i mean i can see if someone is addicted and it causes way too many problems; than yeh thats diff. Thanks for your opinion.
    Anonymous

• Anytime a man is looking outside his marriage for anything that should be inside a marriage (i.e. sex or emotional comfort...) it's a problem.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• WOW....freak out? i didnt ask for angry outrages; i asked for opinions.... adult opinions.....its nothing about a power trip.... but if you have problems with porn [which is natural] than sweetie it stems from some insecurities with some women..... porn is a natural thing.... its fine you think its disgusting and it just isnt for you and your relationship.... and you totally contradicted yourself.... you speak about judging? you say i should re-phrase it and say that women who dont like it have morals and values??? so i guess if women DONT have a problem with porn they have no morals or values???? ..... thanks for your opinion though :]
    Anonymous

• I too think that some women make a big issue out of their SO/DH watching porn... I don't get it. I am his wife, not his mother, and unless he uses it to degrade me, then it's no different than fantasy. Men are just visual creatures; we can conjure up sexual images in our mind to satisfy our sexual fantasy, men just don't seem geared to such elaborate use of their imagination. Hence the use of a visual aid.... Just saying.
    Anonymous

• Watching porn is not a big deal in my home. He can watch all the porn he wants. I even tell him I can careless about strip clubs. He just doesn't go or even watch that much porn. I would say that I know of maybe once or twice a year. Hell I think porn is a good source for the sex life. Teaches you somethings you may not know could be done in the bed room. JMO
    Anonymous

• I have one question: Since when is porn a natural thing? I don't care what others think, and what I think is private and you also since you are anon,but, how did you come up with it being natural?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I have a reason for being against porn I mean I don't blow it out of proportion and tell my SO no thats not allowed, but my thing with porn is it creates a fantasy to men like I was watching this news thiing about men seeing raping porn and aggressive porn and then they expect there wives our fiancees or girlfriends to be like that and some girls don't like the raping aggressive sex so thats my reason I think its wrong, but my SO doesn't need it that's why Im here ;)
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009