I know this is stupid to be stressed out about. But my babygirl will be 6 mnths on feb 12th and she doesnt have a bouncer/entertainment play center. only a play gym and toys. nothing big of that sort like a jumperoo or entertainment.

I feel like im going crazy, trying to get my fiance to buy her something like that before she is 6 months. I dont work im an at home mom, so he brings in all the money for us and he is "in charge" when it comes to that. should i be stressed I dont have these two big toys for her? i feel like it's really needed at 6 months. i dunno why it bothers me so much.

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They are not needed at all. Think ahead a few years and you will be happy that the money was saved. Or you could look in yard sales and see if you can get them cheaply, but don't bother. It sounds as though your baby has plenty of toys and as a SAHM you can do lots of fun games and learning times with her.

Answer by Bmat at 2:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I personally adored my bouncer saucer toy and got one for both my kids. It was a sanity saver for me b/c I could put them in and know they were okay and active while I was cleaning etc.
    I would look at garage sales and/or thrift stores. (that's were I've gotten ALOT of toys and stuff b/c you really won't use it for very long -- 4-8/9months of age only --depending on how tall your darling is)
    And if you don't get it -- no big deal. its not a MUST HAVE for the childs development (for me it was a mommy's sanity kinda thing)
    HOWEVER, you are a working part of your household unit and I'd really look into how you and dh decide on things to make it more equal -- it sounds more as if your a kid asking for a toy than a partner making decisions toghether.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If money is an issue, you could look around at thrift stores, craigslist, or join freecyle on yahoo groups. I don't think they're really a necessity though, but just an idea if you really want one.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• consignment shops a great place to get a cheap one. But as a child, whenever had one. She'll live if she doesn't have one.
    ConnorsMommy521

Answer by ConnorsMommy521 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well, my kids did enjoy their exersaucer but it isn't a necessity. My youngest only used it for a week or so while we were visiting my dad (where it was stored...we didn't have the room for it in our new place). She turned out okay. She just played with her toys in stead.
    And my son outgrew it before he was 9 months old. We cleaned it up when he was 4 months and he was so big already we had to put it on the 2nd height setting. By 6 months we moved it up to the highest setting and by 9 months he was just too big for it. He was almost walking by then anyway so it didn't matter.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:21 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I don't have one because we don't have the room for something that big. I've thought at times that it'd be really nice to have just to keep my DD out of trouble but she's just fine without it. She loves crawling around and exploring and wouldn't be able to explore as much if she were in that. I feel like she has learned to crawl, pull up, etc. because she's been given the freedom to explore these things. It is more work for me at times but it's good for her in the long run. I have also heard that those things cause hip subluxation but haven't actually researched that myself.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• WELL DONT FEAR YOU PROBABLY DID NOT HAVE A EXERSAUCER WHEN YOU WERE A BABY AND LOOK HOW YOU TURNED OUT BUT IT ALSO SOUNDS AS THOUGH YOU AND DH ARE IN NEED OF A SIT DOWN YOU SEEM ANGRY THAT YOU ARE AT HIS MERSY GET A HOLD OF IT NOW GOOD LUCK HONEY
    rjsjjs1

Answer by rjsjjs1 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 25, 2009