How do I get rid of insomnia?

I've been going through this since I was 12 years old. It doesn't matter if I wake up at 6 in the morning or get 3 hours of sleep, I will STILL stay awake all night the next night no matter what. I've been trying to fix this for years and all the pills don't work. I get use to them or either they will kick in like hours later and I wake up feeling like a rock and feeling drowsy. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• If you get the answer to that... plz share....lol...
    I have been suffering from Insomia since I was 6 months old and I am now 45...
    I average 4 hrs of sleep a night and can sometimes function on only 2 hrs nightly sleep...
    I can not take meds, bc it causes me to not be able to control myself... I don't like fake sleep
    it's just as bad if not worse than not sleeping naturally... I find that naps work too... when the
    chance arrises...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• take melintonin tablets..its natural and actually my therapist told me to and it works...night
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with snowmom974! I have taken melitonin for years when i needed it andit works great with NO side effects!
    zeal4Him

Answer by zeal4Him at 3:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I agree with snowmom974 too! I started taking melatonin because someone on here suggested it to me... they work very well for me. I don't like to take regular sleeping pills because they knock me out and I'm afraid I won't hear the kids. But there's nothing like that with melatonin, and no side effects. Worth a shot for you! Good luck!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 4:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2009