boyfriend is more into me than baby...

whenever my boyfriend and i are together with our daughter( we dont live together yet..) he always seems to be more focused on me than her. i mean i guess its good that he dosent completely ignore me but its almost as if hes trying to act as we were before she came along. i can easily share myself with him and the baby but im wondering if maybe hes not able to? or am i just making a big deal about nothing? we are both somewhat young parents as well..(im 23 and hes 22)

madelyns_mom08

Asked by madelyns_mom08 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• You're more fun than a baby to him. Not a big deal. When your daughter can interact more and she becomes more fun to play with, you'll probably see a big change in his response to her.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 2:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Yes, when she starts interacting more he will enjoy it more.
    My husband wasn't like that until our son started smiling, laughing and doing things.
    Anonymous

• Considering you don't live together he probably hasn't gotten the whole "sharing" thing down...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It is probably that the baby is so young, but unfortunately, it could be something else. Maybe your boyfriend was only there to get laid and is not ready to be a father. It would explain why he has not bothered to marry you and legitimize your child.
    Anonymous

• why do you HAVE to get married because you have a child together? I think thats so dumb....anywho... sweetie enjoy it lol... be glad he IS into you ya kno.... he will come around with the baby....i think when they are little men dont know how to interact sometimes ya kno?? have patience and keep your head up... dont read into to much ; you will drive yourself nuts. Im sure he loves you and the baby a whole lot!!!!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Anon 11:58:

I take great offense to that statement. My boyfriend and I live together, have for 3 years, and have a child out of wedlock. Does this mean that my child is not "legitimate"?

Get over yourself. You don't know their particular situation, and you have no way of knowing that he is just there for a piece of ass, or if he is paying more attention to her because he MISSES HER since they don't live together.

OP - How old is your baby? Like mentioned by the other ladies, this may make a huge difference in how he responds to her.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• HAHA thanks carolyn!! i totally agree with you on the wedlock situation!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If he was only there to get laid then why is he still around and enjoying time with her???
    Obviously there is more than just that or he wouldn't be around anon!
    Anonymous

• it took a while for my SO to interact with our son more also, its hard trying to bond with a baby that doesn't show much emotion yet
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It sounds normal for a guy, especially a young guy. I wouldn't so much worry about it. I'd just incorporate the baby more. Poor dudes, they're not maternal and they just don't get it until the baby starts to be 'fun' . Don't sweat this one.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009