• In the Spotlight:

how bad is stress during pregnancy

I just found out last week that I'm pg, after I miscarried 2 1/2 months ago. My fiance now just wants to be friends. I dont know what to do to not be stressed, I'm crying all the time, and have another child to take care of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Everytime you get stressed-out you reduce the amount of oxygen that flows to your unborn baby. Oxygen provides support to every single part of the body...without it we die. Take some of it away and it can cause severe defects in adults and babies. Do, whatever it takes to reduce your stress...and breath...take time for yourself. It as important as the food nutrients you require to live! Bless you...
    Mariposa_41

Answer by Mariposa_41 at 8:57 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i just found out that i am five weeks pregnant...and have been very stressed out and my doctor told me to do anything i can to lower the risk of stress because it causes a high number if miscarriages...so do what i do and if i get stressed i try to read a book or listen to soothing music....
    newmommy17652

Answer by newmommy17652 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• To me it does.(although i am not a doctor) but it does have an affect on the child. I went through alot with my first prg, and now he is so irritable than my other 2. See if a family member would take the other child for a while to give you some rest try a bath with music and just BREATH... since you have miscarried plz take it EZ
    kalikamekyree

Answer by kalikamekyree at 12:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It also can effect your blood pressure. BUT at the same time you can stress yourself out, if you are worried you are too stressed. Try to take one day at a time. Try to take warm showers (if you are permitted), listen to your fave band, get a pedi. Do things for yourself...trust me once the baby is born, your actives go on the back burner. I was really stressed while I was preg. and my baby was born healthy. Just remember every pregnancy is different even in the same woman. Just because you ms, doesn't mean it will happen again. Just try to relax. About your ex, just be friends with him, and have him involved. He might be in daddy shick, that he is going to be a dad. Hang in there....
    tsc2007

Answer by tsc2007 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2008