I don't have a crib and my daughter is 5 months old, just turned. She sleeps in her playyard. it had alot of padding in it and clean sheets, etc. it's not a crib though and I'm hopeing I can get one next month when she is 6 months.

I really hate the fact she sleeps in a playyard, she doesnt even really sleep in it though cause she has trouble sleeping in it on her own anyways. That is still a battle I'm doing my best to accomplish. anyways, is it ok she sleeps in a playpin for the time being until I can get her a crib within a month or so?

blueside22

Asked by blueside22 at 3:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Of course. When she gets too big it might not work, but she will be fine for now. Check craigslist and resale shops for good deals on cribs. You can also yardsale shop. Whatever you get, make sure it has not been recalled and that it fits current safety standards.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• We didn't have a crib for our youngest. She slept in her bassinet until she was 10 months old (we had taken the legs off so it was just sitting on the floor wedged between the wall and our mattress). She started crawling out of it at nap time so then she went to the pack-n-play. She slept in that until she was 23 months and was too big. Then she went to a regular bed.
    They don't have to sleep in a crib. Heck my son slept in his carseat the first 3-4 months of his life because he had reflux and would scream if he laid down flat. He hated the swing and the bouncy seat but would sleep 4 hours at a time in his carseat so that's where he slept.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• She slept in that until she was 23 months and was too big. Then she went to a regular bed.

Same here. My son who is 3 now, slept in a pack and play until he went to a bed, and then now my youngest is in it, he is 16 months and sleeps in there. Once he gets to the age of understanding he can't get out of bed, then he will transition over. There is nothing wrong with it at all.
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Its fine. Many people use them as cribs, or travel cribs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I did it when my twins were babies. One slept in the playpen for a little while. We weighed the options and figured the they would grow out of it pretty fast..so why spend the money for 2 cribs.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 6:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009