my one month old is this normal???

Can a 1 month old slide up by there self?
I have a 1 mos old little girl i have seen her move herself up in her bed when i wake up in the morning her head would be at the top of her bed when i know i put her in the middle of the bed.the doc told me that she is doing some things advance for her age but the doc doesn't know about this .i have seen her put both her feet flat on the bed and lift her butt up and her legs with her feet planted down and she actually move her body up some times. is this normal ( she is a preemie i had her at 34 1/2 weeks gestation which makes it weirder she was lifting her head up at about 2 1/2 weeks old)

davina211

Asked by davina211 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's gonna be a go-go-go girl! Dust off your running shoes because you will need them!

My daughter was very similar, she wanted to MOVE. Be aware that many kids who are very physical lag a little behind in other areas like grasping at things or talking - not far behind, just a little. They are so busy trying to figure out how to get their bodies to do what they want that they don't work very hard or even ignore other things. They catch up quickly once they've satisfied that overwhelming desire to move. And the same goes for kids who master other things early - they are usually lagging behind on something else.

Have you seen the milestone charts at Babycenter yet? They are simply the best out there:
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• yeah i'd say its normal. my son did this too..in his basinett.It would scare me sometimes,because I didnt want him to cram his head in a corner. I wouldnt worry about what she is doing.It means she is a strong lil booger!
    Anonymous

• it's entirely possible. my son was the same, and now at 6 month he can pull himself up to stand, it's looks like he will bypass crawling and go straight to walking. dust off those runners mama, you'll need them!
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:05 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son did the same thing when he was a month old and still does it (he's 2 mos old now). He pushes his feet against the mattress and wiggles until he can't go anymore. That's why they tell you to never leave a baby unattended near pillows, large blankets or on a changing table. They can mobilize at just about any age. My son could hold his head up and prop himself up on his arms as well as roll on his side just a few days after birth.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughter is almost three months old and she is doing the same thing...I also had my daughter at 34 weeks..but she had to come cause she was to big for me? When she was born she was 10 pounds 11 ounces and 21 inches...
    b-uuurrr-niece

Answer by b-uuurrr-niece at 7:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son does that too, If i put mine on his belly he can get s grip on the floor and push himself forward. When I stand mine up on his feet he'll stand there till his legs get tired then he'll go into a squat then lift himself back up onto his feet. Some babies are just really strong.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughter was born at 34 1/2 weeks as well and in the hospital she would constantly move and turn. They would place her on her back and she would twist until she managed to roll onto her side. When we brought her home and put her in her bassinet, she would turn herself sideways and kick at the sides. She doesn't seem to be behind in any other areas either, but she does seem really frustrated that she can't crawl. You put her on her tummy and within a couple minutes of pushing with her feet she is fed up.
    clambert1984

Answer by clambert1984 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 25, 2009