Games to play with a 9 mo. old?

Can anyone give me some suggestions on games to play with a 9 mo. old? It seems that now she is getting a little older, the same old stuff is just not doing it for her anymore. I suppose she is getting more sophisticated. =) Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know how I ended up getting emails from babycenter.com but they email me something every week about my baby's development and includes two activities that are appropriate for her age. She is almost 9 months and she loves books that have things to touch, doors to open, chunky pages that she can turn, or ones that make sound. She loves things that stack or nesting cups and toys with buttons to push. I just bought bubbles yesterday and she loves them (of course, be careful not to let them pop in her face). Her absolute favorite thing is to be outdoors! I don't know where you live but we get outside any day that is warm enough and walk the neighborhood. She loves to sit on my lap and swing or just sit in the grass and feel it with her hands.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My son is 8 months and he loves being in his walker, playing with baby kitchen/living room set my mother got him for Christmas. Hes really interested in spacial relations, like pulling toys out of a box or drawer and then putting them back in. He's always opening and closing his dresser cabinets and drawers and pulling all the clothes and diapers out. It keeps him occupied forever. He likes anything messy....fingerpainting with pudding on his high chair, playing with jello, etc. He likes anything thats not a toy...remotes, cell phones, keys, anything hes not really supposed to have lol. His favorite thing right now is piggy back rides. SO or I will hold him up on the others back while we play horsey lol. At this age its seems like they like anything toddlers like to do, they just need a little more help doing it.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• hve you tried peek-a-boo or patty cake?
    Anonymous