Toilet issues adult content

I am a wheelchair user and can not stand, I do not have a lot of upper body strength, my main problem is going to the toilet when I'm out. I have used incontinence products, such as pads etc which are great but only can be used once and I don't like sitting in a 'wet one'. I am not incontinent I just can't transfer to a toilet, any toilet. I have been scanning the web for suitable alternatives to pads but found nothing, I have even looked at urinals/ bed pans but wouldn't be able to lift up enough for these to be put there and removed, so I really need something that can stay there while I am out but that drains away the fluid so I'm not sitting in urine. I have thought of a temporary catheter but I am trying all other possible things before I go down that route. Can anyone help or have any ideas for me? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2012 in Health

• Talk to your pharmacist and see what they can recommend, Walgreen's usually has a pretty good section of products that could fit your needs. If you are able, I would also suggest trying to gain upper body strength. Do you go to physical therapy or anything?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2012

• Unfortunately not. But have you thought about working out your arms so that you DO have the upper body strength to easily transfer from chair to toilet and back?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:02 AM on Apr. 11, 2012

• keep the big diaper nobody will know. and wait for home...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

• My disease gets progressively worse and I'm not able to build upper strength, thank you both for your comments x
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 11, 2012