just wondering TMI

if milk gives me really bad gas everytime I drink it does that mean I am lactos intolerant? oh and its just milk no other dairy stuff does that to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• It could indicate that. Try the lactose free kind of milk and see if that makes a difference.

Answer by Bmat at 3:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Sounds like a lactose intolerance to me. The milk/lactose in yogurt, cheese etc.. is broken down due to how it's made. a lot of people who are lactose intolerant can eat cheese, yogurt etc.. just can't deal well with straight milk. Give Lactaid milk a try, only difference between it and regular milk is an enzyme has been added to help break down the lactose (milk sugar).
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 4:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009