What do financial advisors make?

Dh is supposed to be set up for an interview next week. This would be a career change for him. He's halfway through his MBA in finance. He was laid off from the automotive industry Dec. 1 as a program mgr.

marihand

Asked by marihand at 3:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• They don't make much. They work mostly on commission. My husband has his MBA, and the easiest jobs to get after finishing school are the jobs as financial advisors. My husband wouldn't do it, because he didn't want to be selling services to people. The salary is VERY low and unless you husband sells a lot of services and gets lots of clients, he won't make a steady income. My friend's husband is a financial advisor now and they are about to lose their house because he's just not making enough money due to the economy. I'd avoid those jobs like the plague.
    Anonymous