Should I Call The Doctor Now Or Should I Be Ok To Wait For My Appointment?

Please bare with me as this will be long and I may have to extend it into answer postings. I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant, and have an 11 month old son who weighs just short of 19 lb. This past week I've had a couple of instances where I've found myself very light headed and nearly passed out. Each time I had eaten recently, 1-2 hours before. The first time it happened the preceding events went something like this: Took my 11 month old to get weighed, removed him from the car seat, carried him in, stripped him down and changed his diaper, placed him on scale, re-dressed him, carried him back to the car, put him back into the car seat. Drove across the street to a small strip mall, took him out of his car seat, carried him into a store, placed him in a cart, walked around for a while, removed him from the cart, carried him to another store, put him into a cart, walked back to the restrooms, removed him from the cart....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• ...stood in line for the restroom and was seriously light headed and afraid I was going to pass out and both my son and I fall to the floor. The next time it happened I'd taken my son into a small store, walked around looking at things, about one lap around the store (the size of maybe a small apartment), was feeling light headed and had to sit down for 20 min. before I felt like I was ok to stand up again. I then left that store to go where I needed to wait to pick up my husband (he was donating Plasma), I went in and needed to change my son's dirty diaper, there was no changing table. I preceded to get on my hands and knees on the floor, lay out the changing pad, fight my wiggly 11 month old in changing his dirty diaper, all the while fighting the stall door that would not stay shut......
    Anonymous

• .....Leaving my son on the changing pad and stood and attempted to use the restroom myself while keeping him on the mat, then held on to him while I put everything away. I fought to keep my son on the sink area as I attempted to wash my hands, then stepped out of the restroom and attempted to put water from a drinking fountain into my son's bottle as I held him. I went to where I could sit down, held my now screaming 11 month old in a seat next to me while I put formula in the bottle, got my son situated on my lap and gave him his bottle. By this time I was not only light headed but struggling to breath! Thankfully one of the women who worked there came and asked if I was ok, she ended up taking my son, which made it slightly easier to breath, and she went and got a couple of the nurses that work there.....
    Anonymous

• .... I do not know why this is happening to me, besides maybe that I'm pushing myself too hard.... I just want to know if this is something I should call my Doctor about or if I should be ok to wait until Tuesday when I have my next appointment. I do plan on taking it as easy as possible the next couple of days, I'm so afraid of this happening again!
    Anonymous

• I would call your doctor and ask what he thinks. There is nothing wrong with a phone call. Sounds like your alone alot. What are you doing to do if you feel like that while driving with your son in the car with you? Just call your doctor. It will make you feel better I know it will.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• call you doctor / midwife.. take it easy you need to pt your feet up.....you may just be anaemic.
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• sounds like you are anaemic. i would get checked out.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It could be a lot of things, anemia, issues with your blood pressure or blood sugar, doing too much etc.. the thing is better safe then sorry call your doctor and see what they think.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 4:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• my first thought was blood pressure too...and passing out alone isn't necessarily cause for concern but being your pregnant I would worry about the fall.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009