Lamaze Classes

Im just curious as to how many women actually took the lamaze classes, and if so, when you went into labor, did they help any? I've heard some people say yes, and some others have said no. Im just curious as to if they really help, or if it just also mainly depends on the person. Post and opinions and thoughts, or even personal experience.
Thanks ladies

jaycie_p07

Asked by jaycie_p07 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never took any kind of classes or really didn't even get any advice, and I did just fine. To me those kind of classes seemed kind of pointless. I think when the tie comes your body knows what to do. but since I've never been to any of those I really don't know if they can actually help.
    Anonymous

• I took one when pregant with my son i think it was a waste of my money. yes they teach you alot about labor and delivery and they even teach you how to breath and if you werent in so much darn pain you might actually be able to breath that way but since you hurt so darn bad you forget. Its now been 7 years and baby number 2 is on the way and im not even bothering taking a class i thought about it for my husbands sake so he could learn more about labor and delivery but i dont wana waste the money either.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You had to pay for yours?? Im signed up for a class, and it's free. And my mom mentioned the classes to me, so I said why not. It's free. If it wasn't I highly doubt I'd be taking it lol.
    jaycie_p07

Answer by jaycie_p07 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My hubby is an over-the-road long-haul trucker so we did our prenatal class on DVD (more for DH's sake than mine).
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I went since it was my first pregnancy. I thought it was really helpful. And I didnt pay anything. It was free at the hospital I was going to deliver at. They gave us alot of good information. I would recommend going to any firs time parent. It helped me in delivery. Plus, I ended up having a C-section, So i knew exactly what was going to happen.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 5:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I loved birth classes and have taken several kinds of them (pregnant or not, lol!). But never that particular kind. Are you interested in their classes specifically, or inquiring about any method?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009