Got anything to say? Say it here. *topic* ANOREXIC

What do YOU moms think about girls struggling to fit into a zero?

rach.s92

Asked by rach.s92 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2012 in Health

• SAD.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• What is their height? I mean, for some girls that would be an appropriate size. I'm 5'2" and used to be a size 1, but I never starved myself - I love food too much! But those skeleton looking girls are gross!

Answer by missanc at 1:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• I get angry at the world we live in and the people who push looks and unrealistic standards. I pray that their parents are not only teaching them, but SHOWING THEM their worth AND their beauty FROM THE INSIDE.
    Somewhere along the lines, in their minds, their worth has been compromised by distorted messages and my heart grieves for them. Such a sad situation.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 1:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• It is .very sick
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 1:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• We live in a world where a PLUS sized model is what? A size 8? 10? It's insane what people see every day, giving us all unrealistic expectations of our own bodies. I feel sorry for the girls growing up these days, thinking they aren't thin enough. It's no wonder they go to such extremes to try to be so skinny.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• My cousin who is young said all the girls in high school strived for a weight of 97 lbs despite how tall they were
    No one should be a zero unless you're a tall 11 year old!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• What a judgmental question! What if I were to post a question asking what do you moms think about girls trying to fit into a size 16?! you assume too much about anorexics! Some of us are the vitcims of abuse and it is NOT a matter of trying to look pretty but rather a matter of depression and feeling out of control in a chaotic abusive environment or trying to gain control after being a victim of some such thing. As for mem I was raped, I am better now and eat at least once a day, it's progress but it is a struggle! I don't feel like eating because I feel stressed out a lot, some turn to food when they are stressed, some just simply feel like they can't eat when they're stressed out. All of you need to stop being so self righteous and judgemental! We all have our issues, none of us are above it all! And even if some anorexics are just insecure and have low self esteem and anxiety issues, who are you people to judge?!
    Anonymous

• Again, that depends on the size of their frame. I would hope that every mother could instill into her daughter healthy eating habits and healthy exercise. I, myself, never weighed 100 lbs. all through school. When I first got pregnant at 19, I weighed 93. I ate, but I was also very active. I hated myself though.... I never looked good in any clothing. I don't think my mother did enough to help me develop a healthy view of myself. Now, at a fairly normal weight, I hate myself too. It's really difficult for some people to understand that their body changes throughout their lives. Society doesn't do enough to help women with that understanding. Now that all the magazines are airbrushed, photoshop, etc... it's even worse.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• well i'm a size 0 and 5'2 and in NO way anorexic nor do i look sickly. thats just how my body is designed, the heaviest i can get is 103 lbs. eating disorders are a serious matter, but the fact is they never end because it is a mental disorder in which they see fat that isn't there. size 0 has nothing to do with it, no matter what number size they are they will still see imperfections
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• Hey now, don't make me feel bad. Girls that wear a size 0 have low self esteem too. Do you think I like having absolutely no curves? Or that I like wearing a size AA bra? Well I don't. Being flat chested and looking like a board doesn't make me feel very feminine. Some people are built that way. I'm 5'4" and I don't own a scale but my last doctor visit I weighed 107. I wouldn't ever tell anybody they should wear a size 0 because IMO it's not a very attractive size to be, but I'm not going to judge the ones who are a size 0.
    Conmom456

Answer by Conmom456 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2012