vacation question

hubby and i live in AR and my entire family lives in CA, i want to go out and visit them but i dont know if i should take the whole family or not. we have four wonderful brats (yes, i love my babies!), and i need a break from them. hubby has offered to send me to CA by myself for 2wks, which would be wonderful. on the other hand, i haven't seen my family in 8yrs, and the last time id did, my oldest two were 2 and 4mths, and the other two werent born yet. i'm sure my family would love to see them.
please help me. i really need the break, but i really want my kids to meet grand-parents, aunts, uncles and cousins.
and i put this in "JUST FOR FUN" cause it always gets the most answers

bi-polarmommy

Asked by bi-polarmommy at 4:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Go alone I say. Bring the family some pics of the kids

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would take all of the kids. Once you're there, it sounds like you have plenty of relatives who will no doubt be happy to spend time with the kiddos, and you just may get that break after all. Have fun. I'm taking a vacation soon too, and I can't wait! Yes, my son is coming, but I only have one child.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Sometimes just getting away from home is vacation enough. I'd take the kids and like Cookiemom said, your family will probably give you that much needed break.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i would take the kids. i'm sure your family will be more than willing to spend time with them and give you a little break.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• heya sweetie, why don't you spend a week with your family then have hubby and the kids come up the next week, you will get your break and also your hubby and kids.. thats what i did but hubby is a trucker but he had to ask for the load to meet up with me and the kids and then we drove all together it bets spending money on a airplane ticket
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 5:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• semiwife, that is a wonderful idea, but he'd be traveling by plane with a 4yr, 7yr, 8yr, and 10yr old two of which have adhd. i couldn't be that mean to him
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 5:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Are you crazy lady? This is a no brainer! Go alone lol!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 5:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would take the kids with. It sounds like there is enough family around that can help you out there, and sometimes getting away from the same old every day makes all the difference.
    I think that your family would love to see them and it would be a shame to not give them that chance, especially since it has been so long since you have been able to get there.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It all depends... Since your family havent seem your kids yet you might get a break even if you take them because they can do fun things with them and live you alone.
    If your family is like mine and you will have to watch your kids the whole time because they will not bother to help you and you should leave them home with your husband.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would take a week by yourself to refresh and relax, and have the hubby bring the family for the second week. It is the best of both worlds and you will enjoy your "family vacation" much more if you are calm and rested!
    luckeyrachel

Answer by luckeyrachel at 12:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2009