Is this bad?

both of my girls (5&3)like to eat chips so for lunch today they had pb&j sandwitchs with some chips my little girl took a chip from her sister so she started to cry and they starting fighting over the chips so i took them away and my 5 year starting crying and trowing a big fit she was so mad that i took the chips away. is she spoiled or is it normal behavior for a 5 year old. this isnt the first time this has happend.

little_legs

Asked by little_legs at 4:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she does it on a regular basis then you need to nip it in the bud. If it is just a somtime thing. Then your ok. Children with siblings often react much diffrently then children their age who are only children.
    Anonymous

• Her response could have been because she thought what you did to her was unfair...The little one took her chip and of course she showed her dislike for the little one doing it and then you took them away. In this case I think it is normal, she was wronged and them punished for it..in her eyes. Like what was said above, if it happens all the time it might be a problem, but if it only happens with something like this it is normal
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• yes she is spoiled and yes this is normal behaviour for a 5yr old
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 6:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009