I cant get into my DR for a month, and my eye is leaking like I have a clogged tear duct or something, do you have any idea what this could be?

My eye is leaking it keeps filling up like Im crying, just my right eye. its sore in the corner by my nose, my right nostril is running, and my throat is scratchy and sore. I woke up and my one eye was all crusty, its not yellow or white or anything, its just like tears. Could it be a tear duct clogged? I feel sick, like Im coming down with a cold, but I have never had anything wrong with my eye before. My DR is full and wont see me for a month...yes I am looking for a new one, but DR's are hard to come by around here. I went to the Pharmacy at wal-mart to ask but they had a line 30 people long and there were only 2 people working and I couldnt wait 2 hours.I have drops from when my DD had an eye infection, do you think I should try those?? Or how could I try to unclog it, maybe a hot hot bath? Any advice would be great, this is driving me BONKERS!!! THANKS

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 4:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• Maybe a blocked duct? I'm not sure what it is, but I would put a warm compress on it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Sounds like you are getting a cold and eye problems can go with it, things like pink eye etc..Sometimes your eye might be just crusty etc..

I would take a cold medicine with sudafed or other decongestant to maybe relieve some pressure, if that is safe for you to take.

It's never ok to reuse antibiotics. That is why there are so many resistant strains, by people self medicating and not following proper dosage, or reusing extra.

I also like the pp idea of a hot compress.

Sorry I really am not too sure what else to suggest.
    Anonymous

• Put breast milk in it
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• do u wear contacts? i do and tht happens to me sometimes if i wear them too long. only one eye crying. is embaressing to go to work like that haha. i call it crying eye syndrome
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 7:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2009