Enough notice

I am babysitting three kids right now. I am going to start looking for something else, it's a bit more than I can handle. What would be a proper notice for them to start finding someone else?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2012 in Money & Work

• 30 days

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• Since it can be really hard to find child care, I'd appreciate it if you told me as early as you can afford to do so. Realize that that may mean you lose the work within days, though.

Answer by SWasson at 4:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• 2 weeks

• I'd let them know that you are looking for something else, and that they need to start looking for another babysitter.

Answer by meooma at 4:17 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• I would personally want 30 days at least. Day care can be hard to find and harder to find a good provider.

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• In the business world the proper amount of time is 2 weeks. If you hope to get a good referral from the family, be flexible.

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• I would give a months notice so they can have enough time to find someone else.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• At least 2 weeks.

Answer by booklover545 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2012