when is thr right time to start potty tranin???

my son is 14 months and i was wondering when is it time???

brookegregory

Asked by brookegregory at 4:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its more when he is ready and interested..
    good luck..
    Gina
    Hunnybear121082

Answer by Hunnybear121082 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• It's not age based. It's based on readiness.
    (1) YOU are ready and sick of diapers. Plan on at least a solid year of work - taking him on a set schedule and holding him on the potty.
    OR
    (2) HE is ready. Plan on a month or so of work with follow-up to remind him to go when you see he nees to.

Your choice.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It varies with each child. My son is 2 1/2 He is potty trained whereas my step daughter is 39 months and she is still not quite ready. She goes on the potty sometimes bt still uses pull up's. With both of them I set a timer for 30 minutes. Every 30 minutes I ask them if they have to go potty. If they say no I say would you like to try. If they say no I ask again in 30 more min. If I felt like it had been quite a while I would tell them I had to go potty it was time. Usually when I was done they wanted a turn.
    CalebzMommy

Answer by CalebzMommy at 12:42 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• 14 months is young for starting training. Around 2 1/2 is a good time to start. Some parents start much earlier but are often training themselves to catch the child at the right time.. The child needs to be physically capable of controlling their bladder and also interested. My son trained almost instantly at 2 1/2. I learned from my first two girls that starting too early is just more work for the parents.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 1:19 PM on Jan. 25, 2009