Does marriage counseling really work?

Or are you just prolonging the inevitable

Asked by natenally at 5:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Any counseling helps, even if you just go for yourself and get some help to get through the difficulties of the marriage. I think it would be good to have an unbiased third party helping to work out the problems, that might be how you can pitch it to the husband too.

I have only slight marital problems, mostly about how my husband is a stay at home dad and we tend to bicker over details of how he is raising them while I am at work. I could not wait to go to see a therapist and work out my issues with someone else before I try to talk to him about my unhappiness. I want to make sure that I am really unhappy first, like - is it really that bad? I think he thinks he is doing the best he can. I hope you can work things out. It is always nice to have both parents on board for parenting and to both feel secure in the marriage. As the mom, you need that and you definatly deserve that!!!

Answer by 4sailor at 5:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Some couples swear by it and some hate it.I guess it really depends on the couple.But I would think anything is worth a shot if your marriage is in trouble : )

Answer by Britney at 5:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008