Feel like I lost myself.

Lately, I have been feeling like I don't know who I am any more. I know I take on too much sometimes and I am always busy, but it seems like all I am is someone's mom, someone's wife, someone's employee, and someone's student, but when asked what things I like to do I draw a blank. Like I never existed but if you want to know what my son or DH like to do I could go on for days. When you start to feel like this what has helped you find yourself and who you are outside of your family?

amandajoy21

Asked by amandajoy21 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2012 in Relationships

• You are doing a lot for other people so I'd refocus and carve out more "me" time. What you do with this time is up to you but make it a priority. Also, being in the roles you describe can sometimes blur who you "are" because you transition into the role of wife, mother, employee, etc...and leave a shell of yourself behind. You have to figure out who you are in addition to these roles.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• i feel like this all the time. i am looking forward to a vacation some time in my future when i can take time to do ME.
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• You need to get away even for a couple of hours go window shopping, call your sister, your mom or your girlfriend go to lunch a movie a walk. Get away and get some time for yourself. I hope you feel better soon. I know this hard.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• I feel your pain. I miss myself sometimes.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• go for a walk driving...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• Take some time to yourself and reevaluate things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2012