Feel like I lost myself.

Lately, I have been feeling like I don't know who I am any more. I know I take on too much sometimes and I am always busy, but it seems like all I am is someone's mom, someone's wife, someone's employee, and someone's student, but when asked what things I like to do I draw a blank. Like I never existed but if you want to know what my son or DH like to do I could go on for days. When you start to feel like this what has helped you find yourself and who you are outside of your family?

Asked by amandajoy21 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2012 in Relationships

• You are doing a lot for other people so I'd refocus and carve out more "me" time. What you do with this time is up to you but make it a priority. Also, being in the roles you describe can sometimes blur who you "are" because you transition into the role of wife, mother, employee, etc...and leave a shell of yourself behind. You have to figure out who you are in addition to these roles.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• i feel like this all the time. i am looking forward to a vacation some time in my future when i can take time to do ME.

Answer by trystons_mommy at 7:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• You need to get away even for a couple of hours go window shopping, call your sister, your mom or your girlfriend go to lunch a movie a walk. Get away and get some time for yourself. I hope you feel better soon. I know this hard.

Answer by booklover545 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• I feel your pain. I miss myself sometimes.

Answer by Imogine at 8:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• go for a walk driving...

Answer by smiley745 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2012

• Take some time to yourself and reevaluate things.

Answer by Melbornj at 3:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2012