• In the Spotlight:

Is the person who the baby shower is for supposed to plan games?

I'm not hosting it, my friends are for me, am I supposed to do anything? lol I don't know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont think so. i think whoever is throwing it for you does all that. you may want to ask them and make sure theres nothing you need to do though
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, the people doing the hosting are to do everything. All you have to do is to show up and to write thank you's . Have fun!

Answer by Bmat at 5:02 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• most the time the games involve you in some way so yes you would have to play but as far as guessng how many jelly beans are n the bottle then no you wouldnt play cause there is probably a prize for the winner and well its your part so you cant be the winner lol. But if they are measuring your belly with yarn then yeah you kind of have to play.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, your duties are to have fun and write tons of thank you notes!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 5:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• haha i read your post wrong i thought it said PLAY games sorry
    Mommy2B04

• I'm pretty sure all you have to do is show up :) Perks for being preggo :)

The hostesses SHOULD BE planning everything, including games and menu.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, you're not supposed to do anything. If your friends are hosting it for you they will be the ones to do all the planning- food, games, prizes, etc. Now if you want to help or suggest things to them feel free to do so. The only thing I did for my baby shower was help with the guest list. And even for the thank you notes my sister had already bought them and then had everyone fill out an envelope when they first came in with their name and address. It served a dual purpose- they were used to pick the name for the door prize and then of course for the thank you cards so I didn't have to make out the envelopes. It made it so much easier for me afterward. So have fun & congrats on your new baby!! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 5:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009