Does your baby weight depend on how much you weighed? My mom had really big babies but she never worked out and went 43 weeks. Will I have the same or can it be different?

I work out everyday and eat pretty healthy. My Dr. said she wouldn't let me go past 39 weeks ( I need c-section).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, Ive asked and my drs always said no babys weight isnt dependent on the moms,etc.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I think it's genetic for sure. My mother never gained a lot during her pregnancies and started at about 150 and by the time she was nursing for 12 months she was down to 125. I did the same thing ... I gained a grand total of 13 pounds - 6 lbs of baby and 7 pounds of "pregnancy-related products" (placenta, amniotic fluid etc). By my 5 week post-partum checkup I had lost almost 20.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It is likely that you *might* be a "longer gestater," it can be genetic. But there are so many factors that do contribute. Because of this, though, 39 weeks could be more premature than 39 weeks for another mom who might be an "earlier gestater," having her babies at 37 weeks, for example.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• not at all. my mother had 9-12lb babies and all three of mine were 6 pounders at full term. It depends on the women.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• anything can happen... i was 7lbs 14 oz and born at 40 weeks, my bf was 8lbs 10oz born at 39 weeks.. our son was 9lbs 14 oz and was c sectioned at 41 weeks... i had gest diabetes and i took insulin.. i did everything my doctor said, cut all sugar, worked out everyday, was walking two minutes right up until the day before my csection... but still my son was big... i think it truly depends on your baby... they are all different..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 5:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It doesn't matter the weight. My little girl weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. and when I was born I was around 8 lbs. I never exercised while being pregnant and I gained only about 20 lbs being pregnant. I love all of that within 2 weeks postpardum. I did breastfeed and nothing else as well. So i know breastfeeding helps lose the weight.
    genuinely_real

Answer by genuinely_real at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009