dental anxiety?

i went to a new dentist yesterday. she was a terrible witch! no chairside manners at all. she was rude and seemed irritated. i happen to be freaked out by going to the dentist. i've had bad experiences with not getting numb, i've had lots of dental work done. well i haven't had dental insurance in 7 years, so i've had no choice but to have some back teeth pulled. i'll be getting insurance finally very soon, but i had a broken tooth that was hurting so bad. so i went to this dental group and paid cash. i'm just so upset at the way i was treated. she actually asked me why i have bad teeth! i mean, you can't tell unless you're looking into my mouth that i have some missing molars! but i'm self conscious enogh about it as it is, and this witch was terribly unprofessional. i asked for keflex, and she refused saying she only gives penecillin. i told her that doesn't work, but she didn't care. (CONTINUED>>>)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sweety,
    I am sorry for you having such a bad experience. Call the BBB and issue a complaint about this dentist. You can call the presiding dentist if you like, even if it is just to tell him that you contacted the BBB with a complaint. Also call the ADA for the state you live in and issue a complaint. Also many dentists belong to the chamber of commerce within the city they practice. Contact them to see if the office is a member, If they are make a complaint to them. If they took more than 1 ex ray then any more than 1 was too many. Of course people have dental anxiety. But that is not an excuse to treat the patient poorly. This wicked Dentist makes all good Dentists get a bad reputation. She should have given you something to make you comfortable, it wouldn't have been any skin off her but to give you a script for Vicodin Which is what normally is given. Make sure you give that witch an itch she won't forget
    decafsis

Answer by decafsis at 6:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• so i accepted the peneccilin and asked for something for pain. hello! my tooth was broken and abscessed. she wanted to give me motrin. she told me i have dental anxiety. wth? okay, so maybe i do. but i still deserve to be treated with respect! i was paying cash, and she ordered x-rays i didn't need. what should i do? i will not go back, but i want to let the practice manager or lead dentist know. am i wrong? or is it just dental anxiety?
    Anonymous

• No, you are a paying customer to the service she offers, SHE is supposed to cater to YOU! I would have complained and not allowed her to do anymore work on me from the second time she was rude! Its too late to do that now, but there are many many people with dental anxiety you are not alone on that and that stupid person also knows LOADS of people hate going to the dentist! I would let the lead dentist know how one of his dentists were working, because they are representing their practice! And who knows maybe your complaint can knock off some of the cost, don't forget to include how she needlessly ordered x rays which you didn't need and cannot afford...

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 5:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You could call back and tell her your having issues with the penicillin like hives and fever and that you think your allergic to get the other stuff. You can always go back and tell her she horrible unprofessional and you wont recommend her to anybody. Once you find a really good dentist its fun to go!! i just went to mine and i love the guy!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 24, 2009