Transition from Bassinet to Crib

My baby is going to be a month old on Monday, and as of right now she sleeps in the same room as my husband and I in a bassinet. I was wondering what would be a good time to try to get her to sleep in her crib? Granted our room and the baby's room are attached rooms, I'm just worried I wouldn't be able to hear her when she wakes up wanting a bottle.

Poopie08

Asked by Poopie08 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I moved my daughter out of the bassinet to her crib when she was about 4 mos. old. I never had a problem hearing her at night and her room is right next to ours. But I agree w/ previous posters about getting a baby monitor if you're worried you won't hear her. You can get really sensitive ones that pick up just about everything. We use a Sony brand that we love.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 5:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• As soon as she is rolling over or pushing herself around it is time for the crib. You should be able to hear her if the rooms are attached, but if you are worried get a monitor.

Answer by Bmat at 5:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• she needs to move before she rolls over . and a monitor is the way to go to ease your feaqrs.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Move her to the crib when you want to. Buy a baby monitor if you're concerned you won't hear her.

Mine were in their own crib from the beginning. I'm a big believer in making as few changes as possible...making life much easier!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I moved my daughter into her crib as soon as she started sleeping 6-8 hours at night....so she was about 2 mo. old. I just figured I'd do it before she was old enough to realize what was happening.

Get a baby monitor.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009