Fever and stomach ache

Okay we have been to the Dr and I still don't feel good about this. He has had a fever (low grade) mostly later afternoon and night and a stomach ache for 5 days. NO diaherra or vomiting. Dr said everything looked good. Just virus. He has will not eat. Nothing since Wed. He says not hungry. So the question. Would you be worried and how long do you let this go on for. Not eating for 4 days is not good. Any ideas.

thethings

Asked by thethings at 5:52 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Try Pedialyte And Ensure To Make Sure He Is Getting Nutrients. My Ped Said The Same About My DD So She Was Sick For like 3 1/2 Weeks
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 6:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Is he drinking? I would be more worried if he won't drink...
    if it's a virus it will pass.
    Keep an eye on it though... if the pain increases or he has any new symptoms you might want to bring him back in to check for appendicitis.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I would be concerned about dehydration. Is he drinking at all? What about output? If he's lost weight and appears to be lethargic I would probably go back to the doctor.
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 6:10 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• I have three kids and they passed around something similar to this and the doctor said as long as they drink plenty of fluids believe me when they do feel like eating they will eat you out of house and home to make up for the time off ha!!
    AmieJo853

Answer by AmieJo853 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2009