Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any aid from the government for seperated recent mothers?

I m on medical leave so I really dont have any income coming in for my child and self. And me and my husband are now seperated reason because of domestic violence on his behalf. I have a TPO

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • when you find out, if u have time pm me. thanks sorry i don't have the answer, but very good question

    Answer by maemaesmom at 6:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • I feel bad for all women like you. You guys deserve all the aid you can get.

    Answer by elainecat at 6:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • go to the health department in your county. There is WIC, maybe food stamps, you should be able to get a medical card for the baby too

    Answer by ZaTa at 6:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • You should be able to get financial aid honey.. something!

    Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • You have WIC and food stamps, definitely. Go to your local DSS office, and you should also be able to apply for TANAF (called different things in different states, but its essentially the same thing- welfare). When your baby gets old enough, you can also apply for vouchers for daycare so that you're able to go back to work.

    Answer by .Peaches. at 7:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

  • I forgot, depending on your state, their limitations and things like that, you also might qualify for housing or at least help with housing, and aid for you bills/rent.

    Answer by .Peaches. at 7:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.