I need help planning summer vacation for toddler, any suggestions?

I am trying to plan our family vacation for July of this year. I have a 2yo son, so looking for ideas that are toddler friendly. Anywhere in the continental US is okay. We had plans that fell through, so kinda short notice on figuring something out. Don't wanna spend more than $1,500 on lodging. Thanks!

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2012 in Travel

• Somewhere with a beach was always a hit when the kids were young. OK, it still is.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2012

• You could always go visit one of the Six Flags theme parks.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 12, 2012

• We rented a cabin in a campground last year that had its own beach,hudge play ground and a water park. DD was 2 at the time.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 10:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2012

• With a 2 yo I would do something very low key. I always took/take mine to a quiet family friendly beach and rent a house oceanfront so it's just us.

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Camping.. i took my ds as a tot and it was so fun.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 3:42 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• disney land
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2012

• Disney is a sort of safe and easy way to go. Lot's of facilities for the little one too. The down side is LOTS of people. Upside is lots of places to duck out and let the 2 year old nap, baby care centers, etc. If you are trying to keep the cost down, you can stay at one of the Disney budget hotels or even stay off site. We went to Disney World several times when the kids were at that age. No major problems . . . except for the daily noon meltdown . . . but that's another story. My friend Chris just wrote a story about traveling to Disney with Toddlers, you might find her tips interesting. http://micechat.com/blogs/park-wise/3477-visiting-disney-park-toddlers.html
    MiceMom

Answer by MiceMom at 2:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2012