my mil and fil got a loan under my hubbys name behind his back back in 2006 and we're barely finding out and now there saying that they dont want to tell him what they got it for only face to face, why is that?

I just think it doesnt really matter what they got it for what matters is that they got it under his name without his signature or permission. Can they still get introuble since we made a report on them or will they brain wash the FBI by telling them what they've told us threw email that they've bought more stuff for my hubby throughout his highschool life suppousably worth more than that loan, but that has nothing to do with it they shouldnt have done that period right? they got my hubby a really old jeep back in 2001 that always dies on him and they tell him that its worth more than the loan they got in 2006...and that they got him a bass guitar thats 500 dollars back in 2001 when he graduated and there rubbing all that in, why is that? what should we say? i mean to my hubbys sister they got her a brand new 2009 vehicle and I doubt theyve gotten any loans under her behind her back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• also we're getting billed over here for something we never even signed for, why dont they pay it! its not fair! the investigator is taking long to investigate them! and whats worse is that as the days go by its probably messing my hubbys credit more and more.
    Anonymous

• Regardless of WHY your parents did it, if you or your husband didn't consent to that loan, its illegal and they can be prosecuted. You and your DH have to figure out what route you're going to take...if you're going to leave the situation alone or persue it.

If you're going to persue it, they can't 'brainwash' the FBI. Without consent, its illegal. Period.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:09 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• SUE THEM!! THATS FRAUD THEY USED IT W/O PREMISSION!! my sis did it to me only she used it to buy a car! and it is messing up the credit if they want they can come and repo a car or anything of value.. i kno its wrong to sue fam but hell they are fin you two over! gl
    Anonymous

• Regardless... they got a loan in his name. They wont let him get away with it. I am pretty sure though, that the FBI wont care... I would also sue.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I Would Sue Also. You Can Press Charges But Do You Really Want Your In Laws In Jail? I Would Get A Hold Of The Credit Bureaus Also And Fight It.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 7:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No, what they gave him as gifts years ago has nothing to do with them committing fraud. Even if they expected to be paid back they should have asked him to pay them back not take money in his name. Go to www.avvo.com (that is 2 v's not a w) for free legal advice. You can file charges through the company they defrauded. The company should be having them arrested and your h could have them arrested for forgery. I don't see why it should take long. They did it no matter what the reason. Charges should be filed and your h's credit should be restored. I'd contact all the credit report folks and let them know what's up and put it in my credit report that you are disputing that debt as fraudulent.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• They won't do but a book in & out of jail, if that, UNLESS THEY screw up their legal problems AFTER ya'll file charges. I'd file charges, if you don't what will stop them from thinking twice about doing it again to ya'll, your kids names or someone else? I'm sure we all wish we could just go around & get loans on others & live high on the hog. LOL. I always say that about hot check writers with BAD problems doing that, too. WOW !! Wouldn't it be nice to just go write checks after checks for stuff we need !! Laws only work when citizens report crime & the laws are enforced. That is JMO.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Identity theft. Go to authoirties. I had over 25,000 done to me .I did not own a dime.
    Anonymous

• They committed FRAUD. They BROKE THE LAW. It's not an FBI matter, it's a police matter and the District Attorney would decide whether there's evidence to prosecute. And what they did makes NO difference at all. It doesn't entitle them to take out a loan using his identity.

It's called identity theft and is illegal. Don't let them get away with it, and get with an attorney to protect your credit rating.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:23 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Even if they got him things when he was in school it was their job to porvide for him while in school under the age of 18 so that doesn't count. Then they commited fraud by signing his name. Tkae legal action.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009