Could I have sex? 3 wks after epesio?

I had 3rd degree tears and a BUNCH of stitches. My question is: if I'm not in that much pain anymore, you think I could try having sex? Any experience with this, ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I've stopped bleeding. I'm just spotting here and there now. I scared to even check if my stitches are still there or not. I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have him in there then :-(
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:41 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• You are supposed to wait 6 weeks, the doctor tells patients this for a reason. You really need to wait until your cervic closes and you are fully healed....6 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Yeah....I know....I was told 6 wks....but I have heard of people going earlier...and i feel like I could....*sigh*
    Anonymous

• me and hubby waited about 3 weeks and the only reason was we hadnt had sex since i had got pg. i guess u just take the chances
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Wow wyattsmom! I don't know if I could go 9 months!
    Anonymous

• I waited 18 days but I didnt have any stitches. Your supposed to wait until your done bleeding but with that much tearing I bet that its gonna hurt like an SOB maybe practice your foreplay and oral sex for a bit longer!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Have fun with that! It might not hurt now, but when it starts rubbing up and down against your stitches...you'll regret it. Think about it.
    Anonymous