Dilation

I went to the hospital yesterday contractions are 2-5 mins apart and I was 1 cm dialated and 50 % effaced how long does it take to get to 10 cm and btw this is my first and shes due in 4 weeks

MaccysMommy09

Asked by MaccysMommy09 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• for me it was awhile sorry
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well I went to the hospital and wasnt even a cm then she checked me 2 hrs later and was half a cm then another 2 hrs went by and she checked me again and I was a full cm and 50 % effaced when I went in wasnt a cm nor effaced at all they tried giving me meds to stop the contractions but it didnt work thats y Im asking how long? And it also depends on the woman right?
    MaccysMommy09

Answer by MaccysMommy09 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• It can be 20 minutes or 20 days-- or 30 days. There is no mathematical equation, birth is unique for each woman. Knowing what your cervix is doing is irrelevant, try to get the information out of your head so you can focus on more important things.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2009