Judging by first impression; Do you think (heavily) overweight people are lazy?

I can only speak for myself and I can honestly say that my overweight certainly reflects a certain attitude I have. So yes, there's laziness involved. Im my case. Just wondering what other people thought about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on how they carry themselves. I've been out lapped a time or two by heavyset people. Ive seen skinny or averaged sized people just drag themselves around.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• I think the ones that used the motorized cart to get around Walmart (when they are NOT disabled) are.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• If you're 250 pounds? No. If you're 600 pounds? YES.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• I'm at a pretty ideal weight, and I can tell you there are many overweight people who could put me to shame in a test of strength or endurance, even just energetically, so nope. I don't judge. I mean sure, some probably are lazy but I don't sit around and think about it:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• I've been morbidly obese, and have known people who would qualify for their own TLC show they were heavy enough. I know better than to believe the lazy stereotype. While it's true for some it's not true for all.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Do you mean so overweight that they can't even walk? I would say yes...how else would someone get to that point? I feel sorry for people with that much weight on them because it must seem hopeless when they try to lose weight.
    LoViNmYbAbIeSs

Answer by LoViNmYbAbIeSs at 5:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• No. I believe that our food is what causes most of the issues. There are sooo many horrible crap in normal foods that make people have less energy and over eat. I believe a lot of that crap also causes the health issues that can cause weight gain.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 5:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Honestly, yes, that is my first initial thought & impression but I'm sure I'm wrong...I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but I'm human and I won't lie.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 5:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• how does one know who is not disabled? There are many hidden physical things that make a person disabled. Something as simple as arthritis of the spine could debilitate to the point of needing a cart. But to look at them, they are fine? No, I do not judge it could be me there one day and I would hate to have people judging me for something I may be unable to control

Anonymous

• not overweight too
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2012