What I've learned about SAHM from CM posts...

Saw this on Facebook.
When you’re busy kissing your boss’s ass, preparing documents for presentations and sitting on hours-long conference calls in a tiny cubicle, it’s hard to feel sympathy for your friend who wishes someone would notice her clean cabinet door handles.

This is just my opinion, but I kind of agree. Apparently, being a SAHM is the worst! I don't know why people do it. I always see SAHM complain and complain about how hard it is to stay at home and watch your kids. Now, I'm a SAHM, but I think I have it pretty easy because, instead of going to work, I get to stay at home and watch my kid. That's really the only difference. SAHM get to see their kids more. Working moms still have to cook, clean, grocery shop, balance check books, pay bills, cook dinner, and do everything for their children after work. Only SAHM get all day to do it. I'm not slamming anyone, I'm just saying we can all be honest and admit that working moms have a bit more on their plate than SAHM, just because we have more time to get things done. That being said, I HOPE no one takes this the wrong way. All moms are awesome and work hard. Yay moms!!! We're kick ass! We need to stop trying to make our lives sound horrible. Children are a blessing so stop trying to make them sound like a burden by comparing whose lives suck more because of them.

Conmom456

Asked by Conmom456 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• I was a working mom too don't get me wrong but for me it was a break. I volunteer now to get a break from being mommed to death lol. My dh is rarely home because of work so for me having no one it truly is a break even if it's just four to eight hours a month. I enjoy it lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2012

•  I think you sounded very condescending in your question, when you said look at my clean door handles. LIke that is our big accomplishment for the day. The statement you made that we do the same work around the house and the only difference is they have all day, is completely false. Unless you completely ignore your kids, and don't make breakfast or lunch for them, or don't spent quality time teaching them about life. I guess you could put them in a locked room and ignore them, and then your statement would be right. I think a SAHM act defensive because they are put down and not valued for the important job they are doing. People do judge you, oh you just stay home with your kids. Some mothers think it is important for society to stay home and raise their children. Most people don't have the luxury of choosing.  I think SAHM do feel lucky they get to stay home, but it doesn't mean thye put less work into it.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2012

• Lmao... i actually do clean my door handles daily but that is hardly what I do! I am an actual mother 24/7! Idk. This kind of post always makes me sound like a bitch!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 14, 2012

• stay at home full time mom
    work outside the house full time mom 
    half time at both mom

all moms far exceed all dads in time, effort and effectiveness... so here all brownies for all the moms

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:03 AM on Apr. 15, 2012

• I see my SAHM friends who vent about the challenges of being at home. And I hold back from laughing. They say they work soooo hard. ??? Really? Was it when your maid came, when the lawn, pool guy, and handy man came over? Or was it after your massage and facial? It must have been sometime before you called to ask me to babysit (for free) so you could have your date night. Or perhaps it was when you went to MOPS? How about when you went to book club or yoga? Or during the mom's morning out you participate in? I of course am venting. But it is true in my circle that this is what SAHM's look like. When it comes up they don't work....all Hell would break loose. I know moms who have less by far, just not in our group. I was a SAHM and could not stand their complaints of it being so hard. It wasn't hard. They had choices. I was so bored I gave up the groups.
    Anonymous

• I do think sahms have it easier. They have all day to do what working moms have only a couple hours to do. I am also annoyed at the sahms on CM who think the reason they are sahms is because they only made perfect decisions in life. Not taking into account how lucky they are to have a man earn enough money to take care of a whole family. Or the down economy hasn't affected them. If I was a full time sahm (not working the 2 nights a week I do), I would be one happy(ier) mom.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2012

• I think it depends on the type of mother you are to which works for you. I have been both and at different stages of my children's life and for different reasons. The real problem is that any one of the women who think the others is easy, just speaks to how catty women are. Who are any of us to judge (even if it is "your" opinion, maybe keep it to yourself).

I don't know your story any more than you know mine, but raising happy successful children should be all our goals. Yes, I could come on here and bash the working mom for me always having to drive their kids home and I could bash the SAHM for letting their little ones run all over the dinner at lunch time, but I wont. We have all done mis-steps and saying one life is better than is other is whishing you have something you don't. Appreciate each others differences...that is what makes the world go round.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2012

• Anon from April 15th, my SAHM friends do the same thing. They drop their kids at MDO all day twice a week and meet for coffee, manicures, pedicures, etc. Then they complain how hard it is being a SAHM. Really? They take the better part of 2 days a week entirely for themselves. It's hilarious and sad all at the same time. Then once the kids start school, they are in book clubs, lunching, and on and on. Seriously.

Now, I now that is not true of all SAHMs, but it is in my circle of friend and I'm just sayin' that is where some of the reputation comes from.

The women I really admire are the working single moms. That must be tough.
    Mom2Just1Kiddo

Answer by Mom2Just1Kiddo at 12:55 PM on Apr. 17, 2012

• meh all ie ever known is being a SAHM.but soetimes i think it would be nice to drop them off and let someone else feed/change them and listen to them whine/ run/ yell for 8 hrs and ill go do adult things :)

never happen thoug but i love them.. despite all their dramas i love tghe heathens :)
    mommaFruFru

Answer by mommaFruFru at 1:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2012

• I really dont think I could be a SAHM, I like working, I think being a SAHM would be too much for me. As for all the "duties" of a SAHM, cooking, cleaning, bills, etc. even when I did stay home and had DS 50/50 I didn't do all that by myself, I had/have a DH who takes half that load off me.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:31 PM on May. 3, 2012