Do your children eat the school lunch?

Blessed_mom1102

Asked by Blessed_mom1102 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2012 in Food & Drink

• He used to, but once he hit middle school he wanted to pack.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• No, we pack a lunch.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 8:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• my oldest normally packs anywhere from 1-3 times a week. She packs only if she doesn't like what they are having which there is usually at least 1 day in the week she doesn't like something. Wednesday is always pizza day and she always eats on pizza day lol. The school she goes to all of the kids get free lunch and breakfast. She doesn't normally eat the breakfast because she doesn't like the breakfast. If they didn't provide free lunch then she would probably pack a lot since we would have to pay. For my middle dd she is in headstart and they give breakfast and lunch to the am class (which is what she is in) and snack and lunch to the afternoon class. She eats breakfast at home since she gets up at 7, but doesn't leave until 843 (bus) so she eats again at school. Then lunch she eats as well she comes home pretty much after lunch anyway.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Not a chance! My daughter is in 11th grade, and I have been packing her lunches since she was in preschool

Answer by rkoloms at 8:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• We recently moved back to our former school district where they serve local meats and veggies in a "Farm to school" program, so they do eat lunch more often at school
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Yes he does. Breakfast too. The days it's something he really doesn't like, he packs a lunch.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Sometimes
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• My daughter does. My son only likes the pizza on Fridays.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Breakfast: He eats before I take him to school.
    Lunch: I pack a lunch for him.

He won't touch the food that the school offers.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2012

• Our school is a bit different. Lunches come from a caterer who works out of the school. I work for her, so I know what goes in the food. It's actual quality stuff.

We order by the semester for the day of the week. So Thurs. is pasta day, and 2 of my kids get it. One wants pizza day, while his sister gets taco day. They each pack 3 days, order 2.

Next year when DS1 hits public school he will pack every day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2012