doc. asked me if i wanted to get induced

i dont know what to do im 38 weeks and 3cm so far my due date is feb. 6th this is my first child and i dont know if i should get induced or not and would like to see what others think. i would love to have him out ive been wanting to see him ever since i found out i was preg. but then i think i want to waite to see when he comes out on his own. I just dont know i want to enjoy being preg. while i still am but i have alot of those prob. most prego women deal with like trubble sleeping, acid reflux, just ready to be done. let me know what you think or what you would do!

rero0701

Asked by rero0701 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would and I did (twice) it was alot easier, go for it and good luck
    Anonymous

• If I had to be honest, I would say do not get induced, simply for the pain.

Let me explain: When you go into labor naturally, your body has a chance to 'build up' from the pain. Meaning that the contractions start off very mild, then progress...but they don't all sneak up on your at once, and they don't start off intense.

Being induced, there's no telling when that first contraction is going to hit you, and when it does...boy oh boy does it hit you. And HARD. I fell into an absolute panic and started hyperventilating and all kinds of stuff because my body didn't have a chance to build up and wasn't prepared for the shock of labor. All that happened with my first.

With my second, I went into labor naturally, and it was SOOOO much better. I wouldn't EVER be induced again. Ever.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 7:30 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I honestly think you should wait! This is my 1st and due next month and i will say HELL NO if my doc asks me i want to be induced. Im happy that i can sleep perfectly unlike some women they have trouble sleeping. But like you said dont you want him to come out when hes ready too???
    I would just wait. I WISH YOU AND BABY ON THE WAY THE BEST!
    Araceli361

Answer by Araceli361 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• well i did with the 1st i would wait til 39 weeks that is just me and i plan to be induced with this one. my 1st was only 3 day early but i was 1 cm my cousin was induced with all 3 of hers
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Whatever you decide you will still see your baby born, he/she has to come out some how...lol
    As far as enjoying some of your pregnancy, I know what you mean I enjoyed it all the way but like all things come to an end. I pray you have a smooth delivery.
    My first was 10 hours in labor and my second was 5 hours.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. I got induced with my first and it ended up with a c-section. :( My body wasn't ready yet. The best way to go is all natural!!...like women have been doing for god knows how long.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't unless it was medically necessary. I had to be induced at 38 wks bc of stage 2 hypertension and edema. Being induced (for me) made labor a horror story from hell, and I had a lot of complications that probably wouldn't have happened if I had been allowed to go into labor naturally.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:37 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• i was supose to be induced with my 1st but ended up going in to labor couple hours before i was going to be induced. i'm glad i wasn't induced, just because i know she came when she was ready and supose to come, i don't think it should be my choosing of when she came. i understand if they are in trouble like late and are not getting propper nutrients. but i just couldn't face the fact that i might get induced just for my own comfort and something happening with the baby.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 7:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If you don't need it, why do it? It puts you and your baby at higher risks for complications. It's crazy! You'll see them soon enough, when the baby and your body are ready.
    Anonymous

• I would wait. I was induced with my 1st and honestly, it HURTS!. It forces you body to do what its not quite ready for.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 8:00 PM on Jan. 24, 2009