Who has a better idea?

I would like to save money dropping it in a tea container with it taped really good and a small slit on the lid and just drop change or bills as time goes by. I know it would be better to just open a savings acct. and earn interest but I can save money, my dh can't he'd rather put all that change and bills along with our checking/savings and just mix it along with what we already have.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Is this a real question? I mean, it seems obvious. If you think he's going to take the money, then put it in the bank.
    Anonymous

• If one of you can save and one can't, I would do what the latter says will work for him.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:04 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Take a pretty good some of $$, what you can afford. $56, $63, $82 or even just $26 + an off amount of change, like $63.37 cents, so to say. Break it down to dimes, pennies, nickles, quarters, dollar bills. Throw an off $2 bill & some gold dollar coins in there. Make your jar with it all looking like you have been save, save, saving. The next time things are REALLY tight & HE needs something, IDK, man stuff, like a tire, his hobby stuff or something for family like a H2O or heating bill - - MAKE SURE it is something that directly benefits HIM, PULL that jar out & say I am *SO* glad I was saving this, here honey, at least we have this. Remember you are dealing with a Dh. Be creative to help him reprogram his mind about $$. Good luck !!

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Saving my coins up to the tune of $70-$80 & remembering that jar has saved my butt with an electric, H2O bill or just danged laundry when my machine went out more than a time or two over the years & to be saved like THAT when things are really tight is a nice feeling & it leads to doing it more !! Maybe the I am saved feeling will help your Dh save in a jar leading him to be able to move up to bank saving interestbearing accounts. Baby steps Ma-Ma, try creative baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day. LOL.

strongmom40

Answer by strongmom40 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• my hubby and I always throw loose change in a jar. You'd be surprised how quickly it adds up. I also keep on in the laundry room - any loose change (or dollars) that I find go in that jar. When it gets full we cash it in and have a special night out or do something fun with the kids.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 10:20 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Put it in your jar.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009