My 15 year old was invited to a party at a teen club in Philly called Shampoo, it has a teen nite this saturday for 14 to 18 year olds only..BUT a friend told me it is known for drugs and alcohol even though its a teen night what would you do?

laureneanne850

Asked by laureneanne850 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 13, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• i go too
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:04 PM on May. 3, 2012

• right now she's not into any of that so i don't know.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I'd go and check it out myself, lol - volunteer as a chaperone one night - of if there's any chance you could look 18, bounce in there with a mini-skirt on and join in ! lol if I couldn't check it out, I wouldn't allow my child to go......but I do have to say I agree also with leksismommy and roninkane - it really depends on how much you trust your teen - just make sure she knows never to put her drink/food down unattended - if she does, never take another bite or drink from it....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I wouldn't let my own 15 yo dd go. I know she won't take any drugs or alcohol. You have to know your own kid and trust your judgement. Eventually they will be in a situation that you won't know about and they need to learn how to say No to drugs and alcohol. If you raised them right they will pass the test.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:22 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I wouldn't let my 15 year old go.

Answer by louise2 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• As you would go down as the so uncool parent.. No.. Don't let her go.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:05 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• I went to teen clubs at 15, and I never drank or did drugs. It really depends on how much you trust her judgement and her maturity.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:43 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• That would be a no. I wouldn't let a 15 year old into a club at all, ESPECIALLY if someone told me it is known for drugs and alcohol. I would rather keep her home and no she isn't getting into any trouble.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:47 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• No. Not unless I could go with her, but no...I would not let DD go to something like that, known for drugs/alcohol, at 15.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:36 AM on Apr. 13, 2012

• Been there done that. Oh and older guys then 18 find a way to creep in. Not a smart idea to let your child go. My mom never would let me go but my friends mom lets us when I stayed the night with them.
    HmschoolingMom

Answer by HmschoolingMom at 12:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2012