Sins of my father???

I am a Pentacostal christian. My aunt is the same. She said her pastor preached one day about that if the parents are not saved, then their children will not go to heaven. She said that he gave a scripture about something that had to do with the sins of their father going back for 3-4 generations. I think her pastor has taken this scripture out of context. I think every soul is responsible for thier own salvation. Have you ever heard this before and do you know what scripture it is?

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It was Deut 5:9. But here is a link that explains in detail http:/www.tektonics.org/lp/paydaddy.html
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 8:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Deut. 24:16 states children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:46 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Or maybe you're thinking Jeremiah 32:18 or in those lines.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:51 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 2autisticsmom...I read that one. Thanks. This other scripture is also in the Old Testament but I don't know where.

zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• 2autisticsmom...Jer 32:18 isn't it either.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• oK well I leave this to more experienced people. I personally have never heard of it, but i wanted to give it a try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:10 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Hey I was close!! Had the right book wrong chapter and verse. Oh well pretty kew; anyway. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• I dont believe that everyone is going to stand before God on there own for what they have done not what anyone eles done but what you done....
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Your Pastor is a heathen for saying this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Every individual will give an account. It is an individual decision to trust Christ as your personal Savior. Just because my parents were both Christians made me a Christian. I would hope this was just heard wrong. We are Baptist; and don't believe that way. If she is questioning this Ask Him. If he is your pastor ask him. And decide from there where you go or what you do. God Bless.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 25, 2009