raisins

ok my son rather have raisins over a cookie CRAZY I know. He has a box 1.5 oz a day is that to much or what also he loves applesauce he has like 2 4oz cus a day. now my MIL says thats to much to give him what do you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Health

• Those things are okay in moderation. Just watch his bowel movements.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 7:42 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If he isn't have digestive problems it should be OK. The only thing I would worry about is his teeth. I've read about raisins and other dried fruit being a problem because they are sugary and it sticks to the teeth. but if he flosses and brushes after he eats them there should be no problem. It is nice that he prefers a nutritious snack.

Answer by Bmat at 7:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• oh ya i make him brush and floss 3 times a day and as far as digestive problems he is very normal there
    Anonymous

• my daughter is the same way thankfully. but the docs told me it was fine as long as she dosn't get the runs from it. keep it in moderation then watch if you give him juices, my girl drinks flavored water she eats enough fruit to not have fruit juices. if he likes raisens try diff fruits. good start to a healthy life style
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 7:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Your child is fine. Just keep doing what you are doing, make sure you are offering him a variety of foods though including vegetables.
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 1:12 AM on Jan. 25, 2009