Greek Pantheons (Paganism)

For those who worship Greek Pantheons...

Have you heard of or do you worship Cleopatra as a Goddess?

There was a woman at a workshop I went to today that said she worships Cleopatra as a Goddess because though she was human she believes she was a Goddess in her own right.

I found this interesting and have never heard of it before so I thought I would reach out to my fellow Pagan momma's and get your POV.

Thanks.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 7:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No never heard of that.
    But Cleopatra was Egyptian wasnt she? Not Greek.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:54 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• The Egyptian pantheon holds room for Cleopatra as a goddess because, traditionally, the Egyptian royalty were considered gods, but also personification of gods. I've never heard of it crossing over into the Greek pantheon, though. Unless she's a reconstructionist, not totally unheard of, just crossing pantheons.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:55 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• She was queen of Egypt, but Greek by birth
    NotPanicking

• "Cleopatra VII Philopator (January, 69 B.C.E. – August 12, 30 B.C.E.) was queen of Ancient Egypt, the last member of the Macedonian Ptolemaic dynasty and hence the last Greek ruler of Egypt. "

I got this from the New World Encyclopedia. I didn't know that she was Greek.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Once again I have learned something new from other Moms. I had no idea she was born Greek. Wait is there a movie explaining all of Cleopatras life, including her childhood?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Neat info. Nothing to add to the answers but enjoyed the question :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:29 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Ahhh been a LONG time since I studied anything about her.
    Learn something new everyday.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Cleopatra ruled Egypt as the living incarnation of the goddess Isis and was referred to as "the daughter of Isis". She was a Greek who ruled as an Egyptian pharoah and as an Egyptian goddess. Egypt has such fascinating history. I love it!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:50 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• No different than the Christians worshiping the man called Jesus as a god, IMO.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 25, 2009

• P.S.--Also, although I am an atheist, I believe in the inner god and goddess that we all have and I think that mine is the Greek goddess Athena.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:48 PM on Jan. 25, 2009